We couldn’t get over the glow that radiated from Chrissy Teigen at this years 88th annual Oscar Awards. She flaunted her baby bump in a stunning red lace Marchesa gown and her hair had us hairstylist drooling. Celebrity stylist Christian Wood created a braided masterpiece that was both elegant and flowing.
Image Source: Getty / Jeff Kravitz
This may look like something only Chrissy can pull off but we happen to create this look pretty often in our Soho hair salon. With our easy tips you too can grace the streets of New York in this hairstyle.
1. Start off with using a volume plumping spray like S Factors Body Booster. Spray into hair before blow drying and use a medium sized round brush. Focus on creating volume at your roots with the brush and depending on your hair texture (curly hair would be difficult), you can finger dry the rest.
2. Take the front portion of your hair (as if you were creating a half-up do) and pin it. For best results use a small clear hair band and some bobby pins.
3. Start by taking 1-inch sections from behind the ears. Take each section and loosely braid them down to the nape of the neck. You can at this point put more hairbands to secure the braids.
4. With the remainder of the hair, make 3 even sections. Make a braid using the middle section first and moving on to the other sections stopping at the nape of the neck. Keep in mind not to make tight braids, we want a somewhat messy look.
5. Once all braids (5) have been completed, take the hair bands off each hair braid and bring them together to create one ponytail.
6. Finish off by taking the remainder of the hair that is in the single ponytail and make a loose braid again. You can complete the whole look using Bed Head Flexi Head hairspray, to keep everything together.
If you still find yourself needing help creating this look, book an appointment with Sky, Le, or Charles at The Drawing Room New York & we’ll have you looking red carpet ready in no time.